On November 28th, 2009, Karen Kahler and her daughters Emily and Lauren were shot to death by Karen's estranged husband while they were visiting her grandmother, Dorothy, for the Thanksgiving holiday. Dorothy was also shot and as of yesterday was not doing well and being removed from life support. Sean, Karen's 10 year old son, escaped from the house physically unharmed.

We have created this website to help her family with immediate financial needs and Sean's ongoing care. Please feel free to leave comments for the family as I will be sharing this site with them. And, if you can contribute even a single dollar, it's a drop in the bucket toward helping this devastated family.

Karen, Emily, and Lauren Kahler

Karen, Emily, and  Lauren Kahler
This photo was shared with us by Sunny, Karen's best friend. It was taken on Thanksgivng day.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I just received information that the funerals will be held on Saturday, December 5th in Burlingame, Kansas, at 10:00 a.m.

7 comments:

jeb said...

Karen was such an upbeat person. I helped the family when they moved to Columbia and the girls were so excited about the house they ended up renting. Then when I trained with Karen and helped her in her new rental- she was always upbeat and I never saw her without a smile on her face. After reading what she has gone through, I think she must have been the strongest women I have ever know. How she loved those kids-checking in that they were ready for school even as she was training. Then she told me she was making straight A's while taking 12 hours at MU and was ready for 15 hours next semester. Super Woman!! Jane Boles

Eric said...

Is the funeral open to friends or just family?

Majd said...

I live in another rental by the Kahlers. Sean built a fort in our back yard 2 weeks ago. It's still there. I never knew how talented the girls were until recently. They had a band called DaZe Off and have many videos on the Internet. Emily is a terrific drummer! I wish I would have had the chance to tell Karen.

Anonymous said...

Is there a physical address to send a check to for this fund?

Unknown said...

Is there a specific address to send a donation by check? Thanks for all you are doing to help Sean.

Nikki said...

I stayed with emily and lauren alot and they would stay at my house.. i rly miss these girls.. rest in peace I LOVE YALL and karen was an amazing mom and i love her dearly!! We will take care of you sean.

Anonymous said...

Has there been any updates after 2010 ? Was the party repsonsible ever brought to justice ?

I hope there has been peace.

Donate here